A confidence-inspiring fishing machine for both the novice and expert, the Recon is a factory-loaded boat that you can rig your way. With a fully customizable open platform, a lineup of revolutionary new features, and the freedom to choose the preferred mode of propulsion – paddle, pedal, or power – the Recon series of kayaks are the future of fishability. (Note: This model is Helix PD™ Pedal Drive-capable and the Helix PD™ Pedal Drive can be purchased separately. The Recon 120 HD comes with the Helix Pedal Drive installed.) Aftermarket motors can also be deployed with a direct-to-boat stern mounting interface.
A supremely wide-open deck affords the angler an abundance of space, freedom of motion, and provides a rock-solid platform from which to stand, cast, and hookset in confidence. The functional layout of the intuitive topdeck interface keeps all your gear and essentials within reach, with ample surface areas for personal modifications.
The Recon series features next evolution of S.M.A.R.T. Hull Technology – Wilderness Systems’ signature design approach that carefully and masterfully combines Stability, Maneuverability, Acceleration, Responsiveness, and Tracking to deliver the ultimate performance in all waters. This model’s hull optimizes any mode of travel, be it paddling, pedaling, or motoring, with specialized volume distribution and under-the-waterline nuances to keep the boat moving quickly and steadily.
The Recon series also establishes a new paradigm for storage. The StowPro Storage System features an extra-large gasketed hatch and a thoughtfully configured bin to access, organize and defend important gear. Down the boat and atop each gunwale are Dual Rod Troughs – a unique horizontal rod storage solution to keep rods close-at-hand and away from wind and breakage. The troughs can hold up to three 7’6″ rods on each side, are secured with cross-lashing bungee, and are noise-dampened by Wilderness Systems’ celebrated Silent Traction pads. Midship side pockets, tackle box recesses, and a functional under-seat area provides even more gear storage in all the right places, while the expansive and notched tankwell yields a custom-crafted space for popular rear storage items like the Wilderness Systems Kayak Krate.
Wilderness Systems kayaks are renowned for comfort, and the Recon ushers in the next progression of this pillar with the introduction of the all-new AirPro ACE seat. Embodying easy Adjustability, luxurious Comfort, and fine-tuned Ergonomics, the AirPro ACE seat leverages the premium framework and materials of the popular AirPro MAX but with a groundbreaking new feature – a one-handed mechanical lever for quick adjusting the trim on-the-fly. Akin to a manual vehicle seat adjustment, though a quantum change in kayaks, this function allows the angler to dial in their unique position for paddling, pedaling, motoring, or to make room for fishing. The Recon’s seat has been thoroughly thought out down to the “nuts and bolts,” as even the hardware is clipped in place to mitigate the possibility of getting lost.
- Fully customizable open platform, factory-loaded with room for personalized rigging
- Supremely wide-open deck affords the angler an abundance of space, freedom of motion, and provides a rock-solid platform from which to stand, cast, and hookset in confidence
- Tri-power optimized with the freedom to choose the preferred mode of propulsion – paddle, pedal, or power
- S.M.A.R.T. Hull Technology – Wilderness Systems’ signature design approach that carefully and masterfully combines Stability, Maneuverability, Acceleration, Responsiveness, and Tracking to deliver the ultimate performance in all waters
- StowPro Storage System featuring an extra-large gasketed hatch and a thoughtfully configured bin to access, organize and defend gear
- AirPro ACE seat – embodying easy Adjustability, luxurious Comfort, and fine-tuned Ergonomics, featuring premium, breathable materials and a one-handed mechanical lever for quick adjusting the seat trim on-the-fly, allowing anglers to dial in their position for paddling, pedaling, motoring, or to make room for fishing
- Dual Rod Troughs – a unique horizontal rod storage solution to keep fishing rods close-at-hand and away from wind and breakage; can hold up to three 7’6″ rods on each side; secured with cross-lashing bungee; noise-dampened by Silent Traction pads
- Midship side pockets and tackle box recesses provide gear storage in all the right places
- Convenient cup holders to keep beverages close-at-and, yet out of the way
- Silent Traction pads throughout the footwell to keep anglers sure-footed and stealth
- Comfortable front and rear carry handles for easy transport
- Molded-in side handles to assist in managing the boat solo
- Helix PD™ Pedal Drive. Innovation in Motion.
- Featuring a 6:1 gear ratio precision-tuned to a 14 x 17 two-bladed fixed pitch prop, the Helix PD™ Pedal Drive is the most efficient and intuitive kayak pedal system ever engineered. Compatible with the Recon family of kayaks
Click into the tabs below for more information!
|Kayak Category||Shape||Type of Water||Stability||Fit|
|Recreational - Sit Inside||Short and Wide, 10'-14'||Small Lakes and Shallow Rivers||Good||Comfortable; sizeable|
|This is the most popular style in our area. Stable, maneuverable, user-friendly and have easy entry cockpits that fit almost anyone comfortably. Designed for first time paddlers and outdoor enthusiasts who like to combine their on-water pleasures with other pursuits such as bird watching, fishing and photography.|
|Recreational - Sit-On-Top||Short and Wide, 10'-13'||Smaller Lakes||Good||Comfortable; sizeable|
|Sit on tops are very stable, easy to get in and out of and there is no feeling of confinement. They're also self-bailing, which means they have small holes (called "scupper holes") that allow the water to drain right through them. You do drip water on your legs as you paddle. These are most popular in warm water climates.|
|Transitional||Narrower, 12'-14'||Bigger Lakes and Moving Water||3-4||Medium Size|
|Transitional Kayaks bridge the gap between Recreational and Touring categories, combining the best elements from both. Like Recreational designs, they are short and somewhat wide. They favor stability on calm waters and easy turning over speed. White the cockpits are a bit smaller than Recreational cockpits, they are still quite roomy for easy access.|
|Performance Touring||Long and Slender||All Water||2-3||Fully Connected|
|Performance Designs are good for all distances, expeditions and skill mastery.|
|North American Style|
If you want a stable kayak with some serious capacity, a seat back and a rudder.
If you want a snug-fitting, playful kayak with smooth edging, graceful lines, a day hatch, a back band and a skeg.
If you want a tight-fitting, hard-edging kayak with an old school look, serious rolling ability, a back band and a skeg.
Stylish, snug-fitting hybrid of Greenland and North American hulls with Danish style.
|Boats made for unique situations and unique goals.|
About Wilderness Systems Kayaks
WHO WE ARE - CHASING PERFECTION
|Item #||Description||Retail||Cash Price||Savings||Saving %||Any Card Price|
|283||Current Designs Freedom - Demo||3,499||2,250||1,249||36%||2,374|
|2316||Wilderness Systems Recon 120 HD - Scratch& Dent||$2,819||$1,995||$824||29%||2,055|
|2448||Bonafinde P127 Fishing Pedal Kayak - 2022||3,099||2,649||450||15%||2,728|
|Item #||Description||Retail||Cash Price||Savings||Saving %||Any Card Price|
|425||Bark Dominator 14' - Pro Elite Lay-Up||2,399||1,349||1,050||44%||1,423|
|2279||Pau Hana Big EZ Angler||1,399||1,099||300||21%||1,159|
|2290||C4 V1 Ocean Race with Bag - Awesome Board! - Used||2,800||1,199||1,601||57%||1,265|
|2289||M&M 12.6 with Bag - Used - 21 lbs! Nothing Lighter!||2,800||1,500||1,300||46%||1,583|
|536||NRS Earl 4 - Used Rental SUP + used paddle||899||149||750||83%||155|
|535||NRS Earl 6 - Used Rental SUP + used paddle||899||149||750||83%||155|
DEALS ON PADDLING GEAR AND ACCESSORIES